Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh, the Joys of Interviews

It seems everyone is trying to find a job these days.  I've had six interviews in the past four months to no avail.  I've learned a lot about interviewing and my own skills that I have brought to my interviews these past few months.  I have always been so used to getting a job no problem, but with so many people seeking out the same position, I am surprised at just how tricky it could be.  From my first interview to my last, I am able to look back and see my growth.  I went from someone who went in, not having any material with me and not knowing what to expect, to someone who has a basic understanding of what schools are looking for in prospect teachers.
Even with that gained knowledge, I know I still have a lot more to learn.  I have been researching how to improve myself as an interviewer to make myself stand out.  With my last interview, I even went in a day before to drop off my very organized and informational professional portfolio.  Though I did not get the job due to lack of teaching experience, the principal said she was very impressed and I have a lot of potential, even going as far as saying that if she has openings this upcoming school year, she would be interested in interviewing me again.  That was a great compliment.  Though I do not know where I will end up, I am confident I will find the school I am meant to teach at.  Until then, I will keep my chin up and keep working on improving myself, finding ways to become an effective teacher.  What tips and tricks do you have when it comes to interviewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment